Donations Eligible Under Section 80 G
According to section 80 G of Income Tax Act 1961 allows deduction from total income for any donations made by assessee. In India there is tradition to donate some earning.
There are two type of fund
Donation amount 100% deduct able from Total income
- The National Defense Fund set up by the Central Government.
- The Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund.
- The Prime Minister,s Armenia Earthquake Relief Fund
- The Africa ( Public Contribution India) Fund
- The National Foundation for Communal Harmony
- Any Zila saksharta Samiti constituted in any district.
- Any fund set up by the State Government of Gujarat exclusively for providing relief to the victims of earthquake in Gujarat.
- The Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund .
- The National Children’s Fund
- Any fund set up by State Government to provide medical relief to the poor.
- The National Illness Assistance Fund,
- The Army Central Welfare Fund.
- The National Sport Fund to be set up by the Central Government.
- The National Cultural Fund set up by the Central Government.
- The Chief Minister’s Relief Fund
Donation amount 50% deduct able from Total income